FREE GIFT! 108 WAYS TO BALANCE YOUR KID’S CHAKRAS!… LEARN MORE »
** This post was edited March 2020 to be more inclusive — it also includes an updated, gender neutral printable affirmations list **
Our thoughts have a lot of power.
The thoughts your children have about themselves becomes their internal talk.
Their internal talk forms their beliefs about themselves and their place in the world.
One way you can help your children learn how to harness the power of their thoughts is by teaching them how to use affirmations.
Affirmations are positive, concise statements that help you visualize and believe in the truth of what you’re declaring.
Positive affirmations offer many different benefits for kids, especially tweens, including: overcoming negative self-talk, building self-esteem and helping to build the belief that you have the power to create the life you want.
The tween years are the perfect time to help your child begin a practice of using positive affirmations.
The tween years are a time when children starting to be exposed to messages about how they should look and act, through the media, culture and peer pressure.
You may observe an increase in negative self-talk as your tween starts to evaluate themself with others to learn where they fit in.
Here’s a list 108 positive affirmations to share with your tweens. (They also happen to be pretty great for children, teens and adults, too. 😊)
1. I am strong.
2. I am confident.
3. I believe in myself.
4. I am important.
5. I am brave.
6. I am safe and secure.
7. I am awesome!
8. I am allowed to feel proud of myself.
9. I trust myself.
10. I listen to my heart.
11. I love myself.
12. I accept myself.
13. I am worthy.
14. I deserve to be happy.
15. I don’t need to be perfect.
16. I don’t need to be perfect to be accepted.
17. I accept my flaws.
18. I love and accept all parts of myself.
19. I forgive myself for my mistakes.
20. I think positive thoughts about myself.
21. I speak to myself with kindness.
22. It’s okay to be sad.
23. It’s okay to be angry.
24. It’s okay to be scared.
25. I am allowed to feel all of my feelings.
26. I am kind.
27. I am grateful.
28. I am happy with what I have.
29. I am compassionate.
30. I forgive others for their flaws.
31. I help others.
32. I include others.
33. I consider other people’s feelings.
34. I am generous.
35. I love my body.
36. My body is perfect the way it is.
37. I don’t compare myself to others.
38. I am grateful to my body.
39. My body is strong and healthy.
40. I respect my body.
41. I am beautiful.
42. I love my family.
43. I accept my family.
44. I am an important part of my family.
45. I can fight with my family and still be loved.
46. I can make mistakes and still be loved.
47. I am loved.
48. I belong.
49. I am a good friend.
50. I am trustworthy.
51. I can be myself in my friendships.
52. I am allowed to be different than my friends.
53. I am allowed to have all kinds of friends.
54. I deserve to be accepted for my true self.
55. I deserve to be treated with kindness.
56. I don’t need to fit in to belong.
57. I reach my goals.
58. I can make mistakes and still reach my goals.
59. I accept help from others to achieve my goals.
60. I am always learning.
61. I work hard.
62. I am determined.
63. I believe in my abilities.
64. I enjoy being challenged.
65. I am calm.
66. I am peaceful.
67. I am relaxed.
68. I am present.
69. My mind is free from worry.
70. I let go of my worries.
71. I calm my mind with my breath.
72. My whole body is relaxed.
73. My mind, body and heart are calm.
74. I stand up for myself.
75. I stand up for others.
76. My voice matters.
77. My opinions matter.
78. My words have power.
79. I speak with kindness.
80. I speak with respect.
81. I respect others even when I don’t agree with them.
82. I have the courage to share my true feelings and opinions.
83. I am responsible for the words I speak.
84. I listen when others share their feelings and opinions.
85. I overcome my challenges.
86. I peacefully resolve conflicts.
87. I find solutions to my problems.
88. I deal with anger in healthy ways.
89. I ask for help when I need it.
90. I don’t need to go through my challenges alone.
91. I am supported in overcoming obstacles.
92. I learn from my mistakes.
93. I can handle any changes that come my way.
94. I believe in my dreams.
95. I can reach my dreams.
96. I am creative.
97. I am imaginative.
98. I go with the flow.
99. I have good ideas.
100. I am open to new ideas.
101. Anything is possible.
102. My wildest dreams can come true.
103. We are all connected.
104. We are more similar than different.
105. We all have something unique to contribute.
106. We work together to solve problems.
107. We create peace.
108. We can change the world!
When you give your children the power of the affirmations in their hands, something they can engage with on their own, create their own meanings with, and not have to feel vulnerable to discussing big emotions until they’re ready, you give them the gift of empowerment.
This is why I created the Chakra Kids Oracle Cards. It’s a perfect, confidence-building tool for all the children in your life- and you too!
You’ll also be added to my newsletter, where I share inspirational love letters to support you and your children along your journey of positivity and mental health.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.