GET YOUR FREE 2019 MONTHLY CALENDAR NOW! LEARN MORE »
Our thoughts have a lot of power. The thoughts your daughter has about herself become her internal talk, which forms her beliefs about herself and her place in the world. One way you can help your girl learn how to harness the power of her thoughts is by teaching her how to use affirmations.
Affirmations are positive, concise statements that help you visualize and believe in the truth of what you’re declaring. Positive affirmations can offer many different benefits for girls, especially tweens, including: overcoming negative self-talk, building self-esteem and helping to build the belief that you have the power to create the life you want.
The tween years are the perfect time to help your daughter begin a practice of using positive affirmations. At a time when she’s starting to be exposed to messages about how she should look and act, you may observe an increase in negative self-talk as she starts to evaluate herself with others to learn where she fits in. With hormone changes creating all kinds of shifts with your daughter’s emotions, learning to use positive thinking and affirmations can also be a way to help her ground herself and find balance.
Here’s a list 108 positive affirmations to share with your daughter. I’ve also created a list you can download and print for an easy way to share.
108 Positive Affirmations to Empower Girls Posters Now Available!
1. I am strong.
2. I am confident.
3. I believe in myself.
4. I am important.
5. I am brave.
6. I am safe and secure.
7. I am awesome!
8. I am allowed to feel proud of myself.
9. I trust myself.
10. I listen to my heart.
11. I love myself.
12. I accept myself.
13. I am worthy.
14. I deserve to be happy.
15. I don’t need to be perfect.
16. I don’t need to be perfect to be accepted.
17. I accept my flaws.
18. I love and accept all parts of myself.
19. I forgive myself for my mistakes.
20. I think positive thoughts about myself.
21. I speak to myself with kindness.
22. It’s okay to be sad.
23. It’s okay to be angry.
24. It’s okay to be scared.
25. I am allowed to feel all of my feelings.
26. I am kind.
27. I am grateful.
28. I am happy with what I have.
29. I am compassionate.
30. I forgive others for their flaws.
31. I help others.
32. I include others.
33. I consider other people’s feelings.
34. I am generous.
35. I love my body.
36. My body is perfect the way it is.
37. I don’t compare myself to others.
38. I am grateful to my body.
39. My body is strong and healthy.
40. I respect my body.
41. I am beautiful.
42. I love my family.
43. I accept my family.
44. I am an important part of my family.
45. I can fight with my family and still be loved.
46. I can make mistakes and still be loved.
47. I am loved.
48. I belong.
49. I am a good friend.
50. I am trustworthy.
51. I can be myself in my friendships.
52. I am allowed to be different than my friends.
53. I am allowed to have all kinds of friends.
54. I deserve to be accepted for my true self.
55. I deserve to be treated with kindness.
56. I don’t need to fit in to belong.
57. I reach my goals.
58. I can make mistakes and still reach my goals.
59. I accept help from others to achieve my goals.
60. I am always learning.
61. I work hard.
62. I am determined.
63. I believe in my abilities.
64. I enjoy being challenged.
65. I am calm.
66. I am peaceful.
67. I am relaxed.
68. I am present.
69. My mind is free from worry.
70. I let go of my worries.
71. I calm my mind with my breath.
72. My whole body is relaxed.
73. My mind, body and heart are calm.
74. I stand up for myself.
75. I stand up for others.
76. My voice matters.
77. My opinions matter.
78. My words have power.
79. I speak with kindness.
80. I speak with respect.
81. I respect others even when I don’t agree with them.
82. I have the courage to share my true feelings and opinions.
83. I am responsible for the words I speak.
84. I listen when others share their feelings and opinions.
85. I overcome my challenges.
86. I peacefully resolve conflicts.
87. I find solutions to my problems.
88. I deal with anger in healthy ways.
89. I ask for help when I need it.
90. I don’t need to go through my challenges alone.
91. I am supported in overcoming obstacles.
92. I learn from my mistakes.
93. I can handle any changes that come my way.
94. I believe in my dreams.
95. I can reach my dreams.
96. I am creative.
97. I am imaginative.
98. I go with the flow.
99. I have good ideas.
100. I am open to new ideas.
101. Anything is possible.
102. My wildest dreams can come true.
103. We are all connected.
104. We are more similar than different.
105. We all have something unique to contribute.
106. We work together to solve problems.
107. We create peace.
108. We can change the world!
What are your favorite ways to use affirmations with your daughter? Share in the comments! I respond to all comments 🙂
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
(Your email is safe with me- no SPAM)